The promotional products industry consists of over ½ million products. Have you ever wondered which products are the most popular and why? What are Canadians buying or keeping?
According to the ASI (Advertising Specialities Institute) 2014 research confirms that;
- More than 60% of Canadians who own promotional headwear think more favorably of the advertiser who gave it to them.
- Bags in Canada generate the most impression rates compared to other countries (Impression rate – 4700)
- 82% of Canadians keep advertising specialties because they are useful, the highest percentage of any country.
- More than 90% of Canadians who own promotional outerwear, hats, drinkware and bags remember the advertiser.
Reasons for Keeping Promotional Products – Canada
For this section, the average number of impressions each promotional product receives was calculated. The number of impressions a product makes was derived from multiplying how long a recipient has the product to how many people they come in contact with each month while using it.
- Consumers want products that are useful to them, especially when it comes to the more practical items such as writing instruments and USB drives.
- Outerwear, attractiveness is a very close second to usefulness in reasons for keeping the product, with more than half of those who own outerwear reporting they keep it because it is attractive.
- Calendars are at the top of the reference product list
- Apparel cited as the most enjoyable to have. This includes hats, outerwear and t-shirts.
In Canada the following top five product categories delivered the most impressions
The number of impressions a product makes was derived from multiplying how long a recipient has the product to how many people they come in contact with each month while using it.
- 5772 Impressions | Bags
- 3136 Impressions | Hats
- 2943 Impressions | Writing Instruments
- 2805 Impressions | Outerwear
- 2253 Impressions | Tshirts
Promotional products are an important and likeable ingredient of the communication mix and lend themselves as an excellent complement to conventional advertising channels for campaigns. Promotional articles have a clear advertising effect (brand recall) the memory of the products and the advertiser is lingering, sometimes even for years.
Collage Creative provides customized promotional products that are considered to be of outstanding quality and value from both the price and marketing perspective.